Library Services Updates (February 2021)
Library Use by Appointment: Spring Valley Public Library is now open for 30-minute (per household) appointments for browsing, computer use, or printing/faxing services. Appointments will be available M-TH 10:30-6, Friday 10:30-4, and Saturday 10:30-12. Please call the library at 715-778-4590 to set up an appointment during our regular business hours. Outside door service will continue and is recommended for hold pickups. Please see below for further information:
- Masks are required.
- Staff will meet you at the south entrance doors (the entrance near the playground fence and school crosswalk) at your scheduled time.
- Practice social distancing while in the library.
- Sanitizing stations are located in the front of the library upon entry and at every available computer station (please use the hand sanitizer upon entering and leaving the building).
- Most furniture has been removed from common areas.
- Patrons browsing the shelves should limit the items they touch, and should place any touched but unwanted items in one of the quarantine bins located throughout the library.
- Small children are not encouraged to visit the library at this time. All toys and activity bins are currently in storage.
- If you or members of your household are not feeling well, please remain home for the safety of everyone.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment for any reason, please call the library to reschedule so someone else can use that time slot.
Patron Behavior Specific to Covid-19 (from Spring Valley Public Library Epidemic Policy): Safety of our patrons and staff is our number one priority. The Spring Valley Public Library is taking precautions to help prevent any exposure or infection but cannot guarantee that the library is virus free. Anyone not following established safety policies set forth may be asked to leave the facility. If public health orders made at the state or local level apply to the library setting, non-compliance from patrons will result in being asked to leave. If you or members of your household are not feeling well, please remain home for the safety of everyone.
- A face covering is required for anyone over the age of 2.
- Six feet social distancing must be maintained with anyone who is not a member of your household.
- Patrons should wash hands and/or use hand sanitizer prior to entering the library, before and after using computers, and after contact with high touch areas.
- Prolonged socializing is not permitted at this time.
Spring Valley Public Library
E121 South 2nd St.
Spring Valley, WI
Fax: $1 for first page; 25¢ for pages after
Copy/Printing: 10¢ for b/wh; 25¢ for color
Scanning: Free of charge
Laminating (8 1/2 x 11 only): $1/sheet
Proctoring Services for Student Exams
Federal/State Tax Forms & Instructions: available in print or printed from online free of charge.